The Latest Shows We've Recorded

Friday, June 20, 2008

3 Song Trifecta

I was on my bike on the way home from the gym last night and three consecutive songs came on my iPod that I felt were appropriately placed. All three had a geographic and emotional theme be that theme leaving home, hating a place as an extension of a person or relationship or loving a particular place.

The songs, in order, were:
"Caddo County" by Verlon Thompson (site)
"Leavin' Tennessee" by Cross Canadian Ragweed (site)
"New Braunfels Homesick Blues" by the Gougers (site, myspace)

Just, fyi, none of these songs are official, I guess. "Caddo County" is on Verlon's Live At The Ivey's cd. "Leavin' Tennessee" is on a CCRW recording I got from cotapers.org. "New Braunfels Homesick Blues" used to be available their Bootlegs Volume 1 via their snocap but that appears to be inoperable now.

Here are some youtube links for you though.
"Leavin' Tennessee"
"New Braunfels Homesick Blues or "New Braunfels Homesick Blues"

No comments: